This Saturday, millions of people around the world will unite to raise awareness and provide support for all those who have been affected by cancer. World Cancer Day is our opportunity to increase education around all types of cancer while also raising vital funds for life saving research.
By joining forces and working together, we will make a bigger impact in transforming the lives of millions who are affected by cancer and for this year’s World Cancer Day, we are asking you to do your part by shouting about mouth cancer.
One of the many devastating consequences of mouth cancer is that, for many, the disease restricts and impacts on the ability to speak. As a result, we are urging you to help us communicate and be their voice by spreading awareness of this terrible disease.
As long-time campaigners for mouth cancer action, we are asking you to share these facts about the disease any way you can. Let’s get people talking more about mouth cancer and together we can help transform the landscape of this appalling disease:
- Mouth cancer cases in the have jumped massively by 68% in the last 20 years, making it one of the fastest increasing cancers in the UK.
- Mouth cancer patients and survivors often lose the ability to speak, eat, drink and even breath.
- In the UK, one person is told they have mouth cancer every 45 minutes.
- Mouth cancer claims more than twice as many lives than testicular and cervical cancer combined.
- Mouth cancer takes more lives every year than road traffic accidents on Britain’s roads.
- Excessive use of alcohol is linked to more than a third of mouth cancer cases in men and a fifth in women.
- Mouth cancer is diagnosed in more than twice as many men as women but more are being diagnosed than ever before.